Milwaukee Krampusnacht 2019 is coming up soon! There’s so many cool things to do this year, we thought we’d guide you through some os it with this handy list.
Milwaukee Krampusnacht is Thursday, December 5 from 4-10pm at the Bavarian Bierhaus (700 W. Lexington Blvd, Glendale). Tickets are $5 and available here: https://milwaukeekrampusnacht2019.brownpapertickets.com
(1) Volunteer! Our awesome volunteers are the ones who make this event fun for everyone. Most volunteer shifts are only an hour or hour and half, so you won’t miss much. Plus you get free admission for yourself and a guest. You just need to fill out this form: CLICK HERE
(2) Make a costume. The American Science & Surplus Krampus Parade happens at 8pm. We welcome Krampus and other holiday folklore characters. Last year we were ecstatic to see many people wore Krampus or holiday inspired clothing/horns/costumes. Not mandatory, but definitely encouraged! If you want to join in the parade, registration is open until Dec.1 here: https://milwaukeeparacon.com/2019/10/07/milwaukee-krampus-parade-2019-registration
Parade participants last year. Photo by Marshall Lee.
(3) Drink a Bells & Chains. How cool is this? Bavarian Bierhaus has a special brew for this event. It was a huge hit last year. Bells & Chains is St. Nikolausbockbier aged with light roasted oak and Bourbon (20 IBU, 9.3% ABV). And what better place to drink it than…
(4)…the new Bells & Chains Tavern! This outdoor pavilion bar is on the parade route and open 7-10pm. They’d have Bells & Chains, coffee and hot cocoa drinks, and Glühwein, a traditional warm mulled wine served traditionally in Germany around Christmastime. We’ll also have some games for you to play like bean bag toss aka Krampholio.
(5) Get your holiday photo at the Krampus Photo Booth. Get your picture taken at this station with members of Milwaukee Krampus Eigenheit, a group of costumed performers that participate in this and other events. This year we’ll have a volunteer snap photos for you on your phone. New profile pic!
(6) Get your holiday shopping done. We are very proud of our awesome vendor line-up this year for the Krampus Holiday Market, a good mix of people who were vendors at our first two events as well as new vendors. There’s a great mix of different crafts– original art, ceramics, jewelry, books, candles, ornaments, Krampuskarten, and much more. You can see the vendor line-up on this page: www.milwaukeeparacon.com/krampus
(7) Dance and do a sing-a-long with our music line-up. Here is our fantastic music line-up in the Beer Hall:
5pm: The Foragers
6pm: The Squeezettes
7pm: The Courtesan & The Cabin Boy (kicking off with a sing-a-long of the “Nights of Krampus.”)
(8pm: American Science & Surplus Krampus Parade followed by outdoor performances on the Brimstone Stage.)
9pm: Xposed 4heads (who have a new Krampus song!)
Xposed 4heads last year. Photo by Joe Dean.
(8) Send your offspring to the Kid’s Krampus Hour. We have 10 tickets left for the Kid’s Hour, which includes a craft project, candy bag, entertainment, and KinderKrampus Parade. Parents can sit in or go check out the music and vendors. Tickets here: https://milwaukeekrampusnacht2019.brownpapertickets.com
(9) Bring a gift for the white elephant exchange. Bring a creepy cool gift (we suggest $5-$10 value, but the best gifts are priceless), wrap it up and bring it to the Beer Hall. You’ll see a table near the music stage. A volunteer will give you a ticket as proof that you dropped a gift off. At 9pm people can come through and pick up their mystery gift.
(10) Bring a donation for Toys for Tots. We are proud to do a drive again this year for Toys for Tots. Bring new, unwrapped toys. We’ll have donation bins right when you enter. We’ll also be raffling some gift baskets with monies raised being donated to Toys for Tots. Find out more about the organization here: https://www.toysfortots.org/
Photo by Marshall Lee.
How to get to Milwaukee Krampusnacht:
Chicago Hauntings has a tour bus rolling from American Science & Surplus in Chicago to the event. Your bus ride includes spooky stories, music, and treats like Bavarian pretzels! More info and tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/milwaukee-krampusnacht-party-bus-from-chicago-tickets-80614128027
Ride to Krampusnacht: This bike ride rolls from Colectivo Coffee on Humboldt in Riverwest and rolls to the event. Ride info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/436770540289277/
Public transport: The number 15 bus drops off close to the Bavarian Bierhaus.
Where to stay: The Cream City Hostel has a discount code of “Krampus.” Get more info and see some fun photos from a Krampus visit to the hostel here: https://milwaukeeparacon.com/2019/11/04/kick-up-your-hooves-at-the-cream-city-hostel/
A safety note: The Bavarian Bierhaus has informed us that vehicles left in their lot overnight will not be ticketed or towed. Don’t drink and drive.